What is godmodding?
Godmodding is any action that a character does that is in some way impossible for them to do. A good list of godmodding actions would include:
- Controlling other player's characters without permission. (See later question)
- Automatic revivals from deaths.
- Moves/Abilities that kill in one use. (Or are highly over powered and unfair to others.)
- Moves/abilities that make your character far too powerful. (For example, a Megaman X character lifting a skyscraper... if you have a move that lets you do that, then your godmodding.)
- Also, metagaming is a sort of godmodding. That is, if you use knowledge from outside the game inside the game. Say for example, you (as the player) knew a character had a weakness to lead... But no one's characters were to know, the only way the player knows this fact is because the role-play creator said when they introduced the character that this character had this weakness. But now if your character magically just so happens to produce a lead bullet and use it, then that is metagaming. (Though it's not metagaming if your character has from the start always used the lead bullets and you made mention of this fact several times before.